A new campaign encouraging Glaswegians to get out and enjoy the Christmassy experiences in the city centre is coming with free night bus travel across Glasgow this weekend on Friday, December 16 and Saturday, December 17 with First Bus.
The initiative comes in as a city-wide drive to provide locals and visitors alike, with reliable transport home and support the night time economy in Glasgow City Centre. Glasgow Life and the City Centre Task Force have come together to celebrate all the festive activities that can be found right on your doorstep.
The campaign even comes with its own hashtag, #LoveGlasgowThisWinter, so get tagging when you’re out and about this weekend.
Marking the launch this weekend, up to 500 passengers can enjoy free travel on First Bus dedicated night bus services. The 500 complimentary night bus rides are on a first-come, first-served basis with 250 free trips available each night: to claim your free ride, just download the First Bus App before you board. With 11 late-night services every Friday and Saturday evening, covering locations from Pollok to Hamilton, you can enjoy fuss-free travel on your way home.
Once you download the Frist bus app here, you will need to acquire a unique promo code, which can be found on this website, before boarding the bus.
How to redeem free night bus travel
- Download the First Bus App.
- Head to this website to access the free codes (available from Friday morning).
- Open the app and the tab ‘Tickets’, setting your region to Glasgow Network.
- Select the categories ‘Night’ and ticket ‘Night Bus Single’.
- Enter your promo code for a 100% discount and checkout.
- Your ticket will be stored in your ticket wallet and should be activated as you board the bus to redeem on board.
- Please note this free travel offer is not available without the app promo code.
- 500 redemptions are available on a first-come, first served basis with 250 free rides available on both Friday(16 December) and Saturday (17 December) nights.